Sunday, June 2, 2013

Roses


A week of tiramisu!!!!!

Last year I was wanting learn how to make flowers and kept thinking I should enrol in some course. With the busy schedule with work and traveling (no more traveling, need to save some money now)... anyway... I never enrolled in anything :(

A friend asked me to make a tiramisu cake for her mom's birthday. Tiramisu is easy, until she said "can you put some flowers on it? anything is fine..." Flowers, I can't use the fondant flowers like the one I made for the cupcakes... what should I do now @_@"??????

Well, I have seen the chocolate roses on some tiramisu cakes, looks really elegant and pretty. I thought may be I could YouTube some tutorials and create something different! (Light bulb moment).

My local cake shop does not sell chocolate moulding paste, so I had to make my own. Not much of a drama, some chocolate and some glucose syrup later - I am in business!

I made the dark chocolate roses for this tiramisu cake. I had some gold dust, I thought I could sprinkle on it to make it looks beautiful. This is the finished product!

Later in the week, I was asked to make another tiramisu. So I used white chocolate this time. Viola!!! Practice makes perfect - this saying is SOOO true lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment