Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lamingtons Galore

Be Gorgeous High Tea

The annual fundraising high tea for Be Gorgeous held on the 25 May. This year they raised money for the flood affected women from Gayndah, Queensland. 

It was a really amazing event. It was great to see the generosity and the creativity in the room. Ladies decorated their tablets so beautifully for the high tea. A quilt was made for auction. All the delicacy for the high tea - sandwiches, cupcakes, chocolate slices, and of course my lamingtons.

These little lamingtons was 3cm x 3cm, I thought they were big at first, until I cut it... The sponge was very soft and it was hard to have a clean cut when there is fresh cream and raspberry jam in it. Oh well... I seem to always pick the challenging dish. Patience Patience... one by one, cut it and dipped it in the chocolate sauce, rolled in the coconut. 100 lamingtons later (I think I probably made 102, but the other 2 ended up in my stomach), they are really! 

No comments:

Post a Comment