Thursday, March 1, 2012

This is how you make a swimming pool cake

A swimming pool cake...

Hmmm... This week's challenge was to make a swimming pool cake for a birthday party. After browsing the internet and done a few sketches, I started making my boys. I wanted
this cake to be fun, exciting, energetic and colourful, so water slides, pool noodles, palm tree, water pistols, lifesaver, beach balls, crazy boys' hairstyle, swimming pool signs etc would be what I aimed for!



Also, it is because the cake is for a boy's birthday party, I wanted a lot of chocolate and lollies on it!

The cake is made out of vanilla sponge, then covered it with white chocolate ganache. The ground is made out of white chocolate and chocolate rocks. Instead of sculping a lifesaver, I used the Lifesaver lollies instead. The fence of course is made out of KitKat - I think the kids will go nuts with that!!!

2 comments: