Monday, April 26, 2010

Sushi, tempura and green tea almighty

We are turning Japanese, we really think so!!


It was Cath's birthday on ANZAC day. "Happy Birthday Cath!!" We had a really good time at the Be Gorgeous walk and ended the day with pizza, movie and Magum. And of course, we made her dinner the next day!


Instead of baking ANZAC biscuit, I made her a very Japanese dinner (Not that I wanted to remind myself how the ANZAC fought against the Japanese.. Just that Japanese food is Cath's favourite!)



Main courses were sushi and tempura.

I made sushi before, so it wasn't too much trouble. Ps Chris loved the egg boat and of course we had Cath's favourite fish eggs! I loved the "Japanese ginger rose".


Dessert was Opera with green tea ice-cream.






The Opera cake was made up of layers of Jaconde and green tea buttercream, topped with chocolate sauce/ganache. This delicious cake was served with homemade green tea ice-cream. (Finally got to use my ice-cream maker which I got it for my birthday last year :D)

2 comments:

  1. It was all amazing . thank you for a wonderful birthday celebration

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg salmon roe!!!!!!!! everything looks delicious! welcome to blogging~

    ReplyDelete