Sunday, May 5, 2013

Giant cupcake

Hello Kitty Cupcake
Hello Kitty Giant Cupcake

A friend who loves cupcake so much has asked me to make her a birthday cake. She loves Hello Kitty, so the theme was Hello Kitty... and the rest of the instruction was "surprise me". 

I put the two ideas together, cupcake + Kitty = giant cupcake. 

I did not buy the cake tin (although it would make life easier), but I used what I've got. A 6" tin and my sphere cake tin. It was a good chance for me to use this expensive Wilton cake tin, which I don't use often (hint: order some ball cakes, like basketball, tennis ball, baseball etc THANK YOU)

For the surprise element, I created a rainbow marble cake, which is a cake made out of 6 different colours. This surprise was well received. I tried very hard to keep this little secret until she cut the cake open!

The surprise element - the rainbow coloured cake (madeira cake with vanilla buttercream and chocolate ganache)

No comments:

Post a Comment