Saturday, April 28, 2012

How to make a monster cake

This is how... Monster, here I come...
For a 5-year old boy, who wants a monster cake. It is kinda difficult, because I don't know how scary I can make the cake to look. I guess the sharp teeth, big nose, blood shot eyes are ok... may be adding a little bit of boy factor to it to make it fun?

So I made the teeth and nose out of gum paste. The cake itself was bright green with strawberry whipped cream. I wanted the cake to look like there is blood dripping out when they cut the cake. For a little boy, I thought bright green is quite cool as well XD.
The blood shot eyes: it was like a cake pop. I mixed some leftover cake with white chocolate icing. Rolled it in a ball, pipe some red icing all over it.

To add the boy factor: I added a green snot to the 3-nostril nose.
It was really fun to make this cake!!! I love the hair

No comments:

Post a Comment