Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ariel Cake


Happy 21st Birthday Jackie!

A friend's sister's 21st is coming up. She asked if I could make her a cake. The party is gonna have a cartoon character theme and she would like an Ariel Cake. How could I resist this challenge??

I did a few sketches and I thought the cake is gonna looked amazing and difficult at the same time. First, I have never sculpted anything with gum paste before. Second, this is a huge cake, it is gonna fed 60 people... I will need a lot of elements to fill the cake, so it will not look empty.

I was a bit ambitious. I wanted the cake to look very colourful, corals, chocolate seashells and starfishs made from scratch, waves, sand, rocks made out of honeycomb etc... Well, I think I achieved it :)







































No comments:

Post a Comment