Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy 60th birthday cake

My friend asked me if I could make her a birthday cake for her 60th birthday party. How could I say no, really???

She wanted a wild red cake. A cake with A LOT of shooting stars "coming out of the cake" and something simple...

I made the stars out of gum paste and painted them in red and gold, because these two colours are her favourite. Also, I thought the gold would break the red a little. For the wild effect, I added some gold wire decorations and ribbons - just "flying out" of the cake!!

The party was great and lots of 60s music and 60s food - shrimps cocktail, mini burgers, spider, sundae etc. At the end of the night, the cake was well received by everybody. Most of the comments were "THIS CAKE IS WILD AND DELICIOUS"! Wild indeed!!

1 comment:

  1. It was very pleasing to the eye and my taste buds were very happy. I don't really like mud cake because I find it too heavy, but this one was not so heavy and very moist. Delicious.
    Cheers,

    Lyndall x

    ReplyDelete