Thursday, January 5, 2012

Building a rainbow

A rainbow cake challenge!!!

I saw a few rainbow cakes on the internet before and was fascinated by the colour of the cake. It was a friend's daughter 5th birthday. So I decided to make her a cake. Also, I did not have any experience with fondant before, so I thought I would use this opportunity as a practice! So here it is!!


It was a simple sponge cake with lots of colours, decorations with gum paste and lots of love and care!! xo

Everyone loved how the cake looks, but the secret was lied within. It is a rainbow cake, the rainbow gonna turn out ok with even layers of bright colours....

When the cake was cut, I was really nervous (there was high expectation in the air!!) and the kids were so exctied!! When I sliced the cake out.... All I could hear was "Wow" and "Oohhh"... and of course I was on top of the cloud because the colour turned out sooooo good!









No comments:

Post a Comment