Friday, November 11, 2011

Korean culture

Korean

Our young adult group went to Korean BBQ last week. I was inspired by the flavour, colours and texture of the food we had, so I thought I would give it a go last night.

At the Korean resturant, they served us about 8 different side dishes (called banchan in Korean), I could only recongise 2 of them - the kimchi and bean sprouts. One of them tasted kinda weird, something like horseradish with mayonnise!

Well, I picked the green bean sprout for this trial. This is called Sukju Namul Muchim in Korean. It was really simple, some seasame oil, toasted seasame seed, soy sauce and garlic. I thought it would take a long time to get the flavour, but half an hours was all it needed. I really like it, but I will say I like kimchi better, because of the hot and sour flavour tickles my platelets!!

For main: I prepared bulgogi and bibimbap. Bulgogi basically is marinated beef tenderised and flavoured with spring onion and garlic, cooked on a hot plate and sprinkled with sesame seeds.I marinated the beef for about 4 hours. It was worth it!! The beef was mashitda!!!!!!!! (delicious in Korean apparently :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment