Thursday, August 4, 2011

First risotto



Mushroom, baby spinach and chicken risotto..

I never really had many risotto dish before. Knowing that one of the recipes in the magazine, I was quite scared, because risotto is like one of the hardest things to make according to the Masterchef judges. So for me, who do not have a fond memory of what a perfect should taste like, this can be a difficult task.

Fortunately, Pastor Christine came over for bible study and I was just preparing this dish. She is like a risotto expert, telling me what I should look for: taste, texture, temperature and the moisture... the first batch wasn't too great, because I did not use enough chicken stock and we did not eat it straight away. So I attempted it the second time, it was creamy, soft with a bit of crunch still.. full of flavour!! Amazing


No comments:

Post a Comment