Monday, July 23, 2012

Macaroons

The time starts now!!!
I received an order for a birthday cake. The client gave me less than 24 hours notice about what he has in mind for this cake. Thank goodness that he just wanted something simple, but with a green and purple theme.

I only (successfully) made macaroon once, so my thoughts of putting macaroons on this cake was quite risky, but I had so much egg whites leftover, so I gave it a crack. A bit of green colouring and a bit of purple... few hours later, the green ones were perfect. The purple one... hmmm... to save my reputation, I did not use them since the colour was a bit deep, not as flamboyant. To redeem myself, I used purpled chocolate and drizzled over the macaroons.

After a few hours of hard work, I finished on time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment